Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Anyone for Corn on the Cob?


I fell in LOVE with this pair of Chalkware wall plaques. The tag says 1955, but I'm really not sure if that is correct. From all the Chalkware I've seen over the years, this pair is in beautiful condition! It's not the easiest material to clean, as it is made out of plaster of Paris, so they really are in remarkable condition. The little boy has a piece missing above his one eye, but the little girl is practically perfect. The tag says $38.

I learned something new today about Chalkware! According to Collector's Weekly, 2 of the main places it was produced was in Lancaster and Philadelphia, PA! Right in my own backyard!


If I'd have known that at the time, I don't think I could have left this pair hanging there ... I think they'd be hanging in MY kitchen, instead! Hmmmmm ... I wonder if they're still there?

No comments:

Post a Comment